First release of Qt3 for Kylix

2004-08-10 09:20:20 AM
kylix1
The first release of Qt3 for Kylix can be found at
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
Qt3 for Kylix Version 0.1 contains a precompiled libqtc.so (C wrapper for
qt-mt.so), QtLibrary.pas (import unit that imports all functions into
"handle-classes"), QtSignalHooks.pas (import unit for the signal hooks),
QtUtils.pas (functions that return interfaces which are resposible for
object destruction) and three examples that show how to use the QtLibrary,
QtSignalHooks and QtUtils unit.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:First release of Qt3 for Kylix

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
The first release of Qt3 for Kylix can be found at
www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Qt3 for Kylix Version 0.1 contains a precompiled libqtc.so (C wrapper for
qt-mt.so), QtLibrary.pas (import unit that imports all functions into
"handle-classes"), QtSignalHooks.pas (import unit for the signal hooks),
QtUtils.pas (functions that return interfaces which are resposible for
object destruction) and three examples that show how to use the QtLibrary,
QtSignalHooks and QtUtils unit.
welldone Andeas :)

Re:First release of Qt3 for Kylix

zeljko wrote:
hm...cannot install it... undefined symbol delete_QAuBucket .....I've
opened libqtc.so with hexedit and there's really no symbol
delete_QAuBucket.
There is no QAuBucket_ex.cpp. So the Kylix Generator has a bug I must fix.
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
There is no QAuBucket_ex.cpp. So the Kylix Generator has a bug I must
fix.
QAuBucket and QAuServer will be removed because they are internal classes
and are subject to be changed in any minor Qt release.
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
The first release of Qt3 for Kylix can be found at
www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Qt3 for Kylix Version 0.1 contains a precompiled libqtc.so (C wrapper for
qt-mt.so), QtLibrary.pas (import unit that imports all functions into
"handle-classes"), QtSignalHooks.pas (import unit for the signal hooks),
QtUtils.pas (functions that return interfaces which are resposible for
object destruction) and three examples that show how to use the QtLibrary,
QtSignalHooks and QtUtils unit.
hm...cannot install it... undefined symbol delete_QAuBucket .....I've opened
libqtc.so with hexedit and there's really no symbol delete_QAuBucket.
cheers

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Andreas Hausladen wrote:

>There is no QAuBucket_ex.cpp. So the Kylix Generator has a bug I must
>fix.

QAuBucket and QAuServer will be removed because they are internal classes
and are subject to be changed in any minor Qt release.
as expected ;)

Re:First release of Qt3 for Kylix

zeljko wrote:
as expected ;)
Thanks for bug testing. There are also some issues with QChar (which is
mapped to WideChar). Some "var x: WideChar" are actually "const x:
WideChar". A newer release will fix this, too. And there are some empty
classes that should be "QxxxH = class(xxx);" and not "QxxxH = class(xxx)
public procedure Delete; ...; end;" because the CWriter does not emit
delete function for empty classes.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:First release of Qt3 for Kylix

All "protected" methods will be "public" in the new release.
--

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>as expected ;)

Thanks for bug testing.
No! Thanks for your time & coding :)

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
The first release of Qt3 for Kylix can be found at
www.kylix-patch.de.vu

Qt3 for Kylix Version 0.1 contains a precompiled libqtc.so (C wrapper for
qt-mt.so), QtLibrary.pas (import unit that imports all functions into
"handle-classes"), QtSignalHooks.pas (import unit for the signal hooks),
QtUtils.pas (functions that return interfaces which are resposible for
object destruction) and three examples that show how to use the QtLibrary,
QtSignalHooks and QtUtils unit.

Andreas,
What about those of us whose Qt is compiled with the styles separated
plugins ( ie Mandrake ) ? I can remove the offending .cpp from the qtc
source and rebuild, but then I also have to hand edit QtLibrary.pas to
remove references to the styles. The offending style classes are below.
QSGIStyle
QMotifStyle
QMotifPlusStyle
QCDEStyle
QWindowsStyle
QPlatinumStyle
Ryan

Ryan Rusaw wrote:
What about those of us whose Qt is compiled with the styles separated
plugins ( ie Mandrake ) ?
I would say: Do not use the bpl at all. The bpl requires you to have a
libqt-mt.so that is exports exactly the same classes and functions as the
one on my computer does. The package was only an idea in the early state
of Qt3 for Kylix.
If you use the QtLibrary.pas directly in your application, the Linker will
remove unused functions.
Alternativly you could uncomment the const LibWrapper = '' and uncomment
the last command in the initialization section. Then you must add a second
call to the LoadGlobalSharedObject function loading the styles SO.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen