Re: Novell acquires Linux company Ximian

2003-08-07 04:07:32 PM
kylix2
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:09:23 +0600, Ender wrote:

>The most used IDE for Linux application development
>GCC/EMACS.
Johannes Berg wrote:
The question is how you define RAD, isn't it?
IMHO emacs is not RAD, its just a stupid editor with add-ons ;-)
I'm not said anything about RAD. Many Linux & Unix programmers think about
GCC/EMACS as about IDE. Of course Borland may set certain deffinition of
IDE so most development tools currently used on Linux automatically will be
"not IDE" by deffinition. Then Borland may calmly name their product as #1
because there is no competitors. The problem is that term "IDE" is
differently understood by Borland and by linux developers. But when first
says that their's IDE is best and most used (by their deffinition "what is
IDE") second just laughing (because they use own deffinition "what is
IDE").

Re:Re: Novell acquires Linux company Ximian

Ender wrote:
I'm not said anything about RAD. Many Linux & Unix programmers think about
GCC/EMACS as about IDE.
I can tell you, I have been using EMACS since 1988, and there is nothing
close to it in terms of productivity, and it gets better by the day.
Rosimildo.

Re:Re: Novell acquires Linux company Ximian

>I'm not said anything about RAD. Many Linux & Unix programmers think
>about
>GCC/EMACS as about IDE.
RdS>I can tell you, I have been using EMACS since 1988, and there is
RdS>nothing close to it in terms of productivity, and it gets better
RdS>by the day.
I'm not have anything against EMACS but can you please give to me some
example (code, actions and time required to do) how you:
1. connect to Oracle database
2. execute select statement
3. fetch statement results and load certain fields into, for example List
View or similar control.

{smallsort}