first Qt3Clx screenshot

2005-03-04 07:33:39 AM
kylix1
The first Qt3Clx screenshot. The Qt3 port of CLX is source compatible but
not binary compatible. So if I ever release a useable version of Qt3Clx
you must recompile all your 3rd party components.
unvclx.sourceforge.net/other/ClxQt3.png
Converted files:
QTypes
QClipbrd
QPrinter
QGraphics
QControls
QForms
QMenus
QStdCtrls
QExtCtrls
QImgList
QGrids
QButtons
QActnList
QStyle (Qt 3 has a completely different QStyle class, all functionality is
disabled except for predefined theme selection)
QComCtrls is started but blocked by incompatibilites between Qt 2 and 3
QDialogs depends on QComCtrls
QFileCtrls depends on QComCtrls
QDB* some depend on QComCtrls
But keep in mind Qt3Clx can only be GPL as long as you do not own a valid
Kylix/Delphi version. And even then you must by a Qt licence for Qt 3
(Borland C++ Compiler)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Andreas,
This is very impressive accomplishment (which is always the with your work)
but for those of us who might not be so famaliar with the issues surrounding
QT2 vs QT3, can you explain what the main advatages would be of using QT3 in
a Kylix application instead of QT2?

Andreas Hausladen wrote:

But keep in mind Qt3Clx can only be GPL as long as you do not own a valid
Kylix/Delphi version. And even then you must by a Qt licence for Qt 3
(Borland C++ Compiler)

That screenshot looks impressive but for what cost! Does this mean that
if I own a copy of Kylix 3 Professional to use Qt3Clx I would still have
to write a check for $1,000 to purchase C++ Builder 6 Studio
Professional - New User?
Corwin

{smallsort}

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

where i can download this for testing? :)

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Jason wrote:
but for those of us who might not be so famaliar with the issues
surrounding QT2 vs QT3, can you explain what the main advatages would be
of using QT3 in a Kylix application instead of QT2?
Qt 3 can use KDE themes
Qt 3 has more additional classes (xml, db support, network, ...)
Qt 3 has less bugs as the successor of Qt 2.
Qt 3 is already installed on many Linux distributions (Qt 2 is no more)
A Qt3Clx app has full access to all (exported) Qt 3 classes with the
ability to override virtual C++ methods. That is made possible with Qt3
for Kylix/Delphi.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Corwin Burgess wrote:
Does this mean that
if I own a copy of Kylix 3 Professional to use Qt3Clx I would still have
to write a check for $1,000 to purchase C++ Builder 6 Studio
Professional - New User?
Only if you want to compile the "Qt3 for Delphi" yourself. If you use "Qt3
for Kylix" you only need gcc 3.x.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

haword wrote:
where i can download this for testing? :)
Nowhere. I do not release a piece of software that is not even an ALPHA
version.
As you can see the TComboBox has a width of 0. I have not found the reason
yet. And the TGrid paints something over the grid lines.
QComCtrls are not finished and QDialogs, an important unit, depends on
QComCtrls and is not translated yet. And there are many TODOs I've
inserted into the code.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
if you use "Qt3 for Kylix" you only need gcc 3.x.
... when you want to compile Qt3 for Kylix yourself.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

One problem in qt2 was the look and feel against native VCL. Has it been
improved in qt3?
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
[...]

if you need assistant for not greater tasks, i can help if it is necessary

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Corwin Burgess schrieb:
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
That screenshot looks impressive but for what cost! Does this mean that
if I own a copy of Kylix 3 Professional to use Qt3Clx I would still have
to write a check for $1,000 to purchase C++ Builder 6 Studio
Professional - New User?
You probably have to purchase a QT license from trolltech..
Willi

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

Max wrote:
One problem in qt2 was the look and feel against native VCL. Has it been
improved in qt3?
Unter Linux you have almost (if not full) KDE theming support.
Unter Windows there is a QWindowsXPStyle included in Qt.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

haword wrote:
if you need assistant for not greater tasks, i can help if it is
necessary
The replacement of QWidget_xxx(Handle, ...) to Handle.xxx(...) is fast,
but the incompatibility problems are not that easy to solve and it meight
took some time until the Qt3Clx is really useable.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

You probably have to purchase a QT license from trolltech..
You only have to purchase a QT license from TrollTech if you
are doing closed source developement for windows.
They've recently changed their licencing for windows to allow
GPL'd use on the Windows platform.
R.

Re:first Qt3Clx screenshot

The first Qt3Clx screenshot. The Qt3 port of CLX is source compatible but
not binary compatible. So if I ever release a useable version of Qt3Clx
you must recompile all your 3rd party components.

unvclx.sourceforge.net/other/ClxQt3.png
Congrats. Damn great.
Simon