Question about Qt3 and CLX

2005-08-10 09:34:21 PM
kylix1
Hello,
Moving on new Qt3 clx will it solve problem with limited count of bitmap
handles? I have big app written with clx and after opening some amount of
forms app crashes with message "Invalid canvas state" (something like
that). So Qt3 will it be salvation?

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

Jon wrote:
Moving on new Qt3 clx
There is no new official Qt3 clx. Only a validation project that is the
step between Qt2 and Qt4.
will it solve problem with limited count of bitmap handles?
It is not the limited number of bitmap handles it is a GDI handle leak in
TImageList.
So Qt3 will it be salvation?
Better use the unofficial VisualCLX patches
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
The Qt3Clx does not work correctly because of differences between Qt2 and
Qt3. For example MouseDown/Move/Up do not fire for every control because
the default handler in Qt3's MouseDown method says that the press should
be ignored. And this must be changed for each control because there is no
global place, it is done in every control.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

There is no new official Qt3 clx. Only a validation project that is the
step between Qt2 and Qt4.
So there will be Qt4clx? So should I wait till Qt4Clx, and then move on it?
Qt4 solves these Qt3 problems?

{smallsort}

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

Jon wrote:
So there will be Qt4clx?
Maybe. It's on my todo list, but at the moment I'm working on a C++ Header
to Delphi Import-Unit application which ist the first step. The old one
does not work with Qt4 because it was build specially for Qt3.
So should I wait till Qt4Clx, and then move on
it?
I don't think that Qt4Clx will be stable till next year. And that only if
I have enough spare time for it.
Qt4 solves these Qt3 problems?
No, but I do not work on Qt3Clx at the moment, (and nobody else does it)
so the bugs are not fixed. But the Qt3Clx code will be the base for a
Qt4Clx.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

I don't think that Qt4Clx will be stable till next year. And that only if
I have enough spare time for it.
Anyway that is great news!

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

I don't think that Qt4Clx will be stable till next year.
And that only if
I have enough spare time for it.
Hi! I found in internet very nice widgets on object pascal!
No need c++ library! lptk.sourceforge.net/! If build CLX on this
library it's be cool!

haword wrote:
No need c++ library! lptk.sourceforge.net/! If build CLX on this
library it's be cool!
There are too less controls available in LPTk. So we will have to write
them first. But LPTk is not far away from VCL method/property naming.
Unfortunatelly there was no further development on it since 1 1/2 year.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

I think if develop and adapt to Kylix not there was dependencies from QT

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

Last version is 2005-08-01 :)

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

>Qt4 solves these Qt3 problems?
No, but I do not work on Qt3Clx at the moment, (and nobody else does it)
so the bugs are not fixed. But the Qt3Clx code will be the base for a
Qt4Clx.
I've started yesterday with qt3 game, so :
1.I've fixed partially QMask.pas (cursor problems).
2.ZeosDBO works fine with Qt3.
3.Currently porting FastReport->Qt3Clx.
Andreas,is there some changes vs. current Qt3Clx download at unvclx pages,
so we don't need to
duplicate work on Qt3Clx ?

zeljko wrote:
Andreas,is there some changes vs. current Qt3Clx download at unvclx
pages, so we don't need to
duplicate work on Qt3Clx ?
Yes, I've migrated lot's of Qt2Clx bugfixes.
1.I've fixed partially QMask.pas (cursor problems).
I haven't touched this file.
The most annoying problem is that the CLX license prohibits to ship source
file. And patches have the drawback that only one person can work on them.
And that is exactly the same problem the "Kylix community project" team
has. And using the FreeCLX is not what I want because I do not like the
GPL.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
>1.I've fixed partially QMask.pas (cursor problems).

I haven't touched this file.
I must correct me. I have changed this file (bugfix from Qt2Clx)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

zeljko wrote:
I've started yesterday with qt3 game, so :
Here are the updated .patch files
andy.jgknet.de/oss/qt/Qt3ClxNewPatches.zip
I hope I have added all changed files to the zip.
It would be so easy to release something when you have "full redistribute"
access to the source code.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>I've started yesterday with qt3 game, so :

Here are the updated .patch files
andy.jgknet.de/oss/qt/Qt3ClxNewPatches.zip

I hope I have added all changed files to the zip.
Something's wrong with this patch set, there's a lot of rejected hunks in
QDialogs, QForms , QFileCtrls , and yes I've patched it against original
clx source.

Re:Question about Qt3 and CLX

No, but I do not work on Qt3Clx at the moment, (and nobody else does it)
so the bugs are not fixed. But the Qt3Clx code will be the base for a
Qt4Clx.
Current Qt3 status :
Fixed THintWindow problems (now it shows hint , not an AV ,but some problem
stil remains, since Free raises AV but ReleaseHandle is useable here...just
an pitty glibc scream in console about double linked list corruption when
app is terminated;) , also fixed TTreeView's
SetShowColumnHeaders() , TMaskEdit now works partially (selection problems)
here are some 3rd party components which works OK with Qt3:
1.Graphics32 (patch for Qt3, Qt unit abandoned)
2.SynEdit (works, but caret is not visible, didn't have too much time for
investigation, Qt unit abandoned, using QtLibrary).
3.GridPack (TAdvStringGrid , TDBAdvStringGrid) (compiles without any
changes)
4.FlexCell (compiles without any changes).
5.FastReport, works partially (raises some Av's when report is loaded,but
6.ZeosDBO (compiles without any changes).
can be printed) - patched for Qt3, completely abandoned Qt2.
7.Completely abandoned Qt.pas, and written a new one with calls needed for
some 3rd party components (mainly QPainter_ , QRegion_ and QImage_ calls).
It basically works , but of course there is still a lot of "TODO" things and
bugs.
One of my biggest apps works w/o problems, except small problems with
FastReport.
Changes can be ordered by e-mail ;)